عنوان مقاله [English]
This research was aimed at explaining the pattern of corruption reduction through ICT, transparency and organizational health. The research method is descriptive-survey and is a practical purpose. The statistical population consisted of all experts in the educational institutions of Iran's public universities. By sampling the total number, 240 individuals were selected as samples. The data collection tool was a questionnaire. Validity and reliability of questionnaires were confirmed. Data were analyzed using LaserLes software using path analysis analysis. The results showed that ICT would reduce corruption. Transparency and organizational health as an intermediary variable also influenced the relationship between information technology and corruption reduction. Therefore, these factors are not only important in terms of improving organizational working conditions and dynamism, but also in terms of increasing accountability, as well as the trust of members of the organization to each other and management of the organization.
Information technology can be considered as one of the important solutions to reduce corruption and increase transparency in the activities of various organizations (Sharifi Renani et al., 2013). The positive and desirable effects of organizational transparency include more employee participation, building trust in the organization's management, increasing creativity, improving performance, increasing employee job satisfaction and organizational health (Voglgesng & Lester, 2009). Corruption is against organizational health and means breaking the norms and violating moral and legal norms and abusing the job and administrative position (Salehi Amiri and Shadaloui, 2013). Organizational health can identify the talents of members of the organization and use them to achieve organizational goals (Bevans et al., 2007). The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of information and communication technology on reducing corruption, mediating the role of organizational transparency and organizational health among experts in physical education departments of universities in the country and it seeks to answer the question, what effect does information and communication technology have on reducing corruption, and can organizational transparency and health affect this relationship?
The research method is descriptive-survey and applied in terms of purpose. The statistical population included all experts of physical education departments of Iranian public universities (240 people), who were selected as a sample through total sampling. In order to collect data, a research questionnaire was distributed among 240 people; of these, 230 questionnaires were returned and finally 227 questionnaires were analyzed. Research tools also include: a) A researcher-made questionnaire on information and communication technology; b) Modified Questionnaire on Administrative Corruption by Afzali et al. (2010); c) Modified Hui and Fieldman Organizational Health Questionnaire (1996); d) Savior Organizational Transparency Questionnaire (1992). The questionnaires were given to 11 professors and specialists who finally agreed on the questionnaires and thus the content validity of the questionnaires was confirmed. In order to determine the reliability of the questionnaires, Cronbach's alpha was used, which for the information and communication technology, corruption, organizational health and organizational transparency questionnaires were 0.79, 0.81, 0.90 and 0.86, respectively. Finally, the structural equation model and path analysis were used. The software used was SPSS and LISREL.
The results showed that information and communication technology reduces corruption. Transparency and organizational health were also effective as a mediating variable on the relationship between information technology and reducing corruption. Therefore, it can be concluded that information and communication technology indirectly and through the mediating variables of organizational health and organizational transparency has an effect on reducing corruption.
The study of the role of organizational health and organizational transparency as a mediating factor in the relationship between information and communication technology and reducing corruption has received less attention from researchers. Therefore, in this study, the mediating role of these variables has been emphasized. Attention to information and communication technology in sports organizations, especially the physical education departments of universities is of great importance, therefore, physical education departments should include the use of mechanized administrative systems and providing services to the people through the use of information and communication technology in reducing face-to-face visits and launching systems for receiving announcements and complaints. Considering the positive attitude and interest of managers, an action should be taken in strengthening the culture of using information and communication technology towards the good of the administrative system by eliminating its false, redundant, fat and inefficient bureaucracy and eliminating personal tastes and opinions in organizational decisions.
- Anahí C.D.M, Agustí C.I.M (2018), Improving records management to promote transparency and prevent corruption, International Journal of Information Management. 38: 256–261
- Habib Zadeh, M,J. Javadi, H. (2013), Relationship of Organizational Health with Violations and Corruption (Case Study: Isfahan Documentation and Property Organization), The First International Conference on Political Epic (with an Approach to Middle Eastern Developments) and Economic Epic (Approach to Management and Accounting), Rooden, Islamic Azad University Rudehen Unit. (Persian).
- Karimi,J. Mohammadi,F. Abbasi,H (2018), The Effect of Organizational Fit on Organizational Citizenship Behavior Regarding the Moderating Role of Psychological Empowerment of Employees in Physical Education Management employees of Iranian Universities. 5(18).71-80. (Persian).
- Karimi, J. Mohammadi, F. Abbasi, H. (2018), The Effect of Organizational Fit on Organizational Citizenship Behavior Regarding the Moderating Role of Psychological Empowerment of Employees in Physical Education Management employees of Iranian Universities. 5(18).71-80. (Persian).
- Koyuncu, C. Unver, M (2017), Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and Corruption Level: Empirical Evidence from Panel Data Analysis, The Journal of International Scientific Researches, 2 (6):1-10